Sunday, June 18, 2006

A bit of inspiration on a Sunday

After my race on Sunday (see earlier post), I popped into the local for what has now become a customary bottle of Duval. And I met Kobe and Lea... wow. What a couple. Here they are:



Kobe has 2 weeks to go before finishing his psychology degree (I think it was psychology) and Lea is qualified teaching kids with special needs. They have both previously volunteered in Lange, a township just outside of Cape Town, South Africa. And in September this year they're about to do it again, but this time in Uganda. In fact, you can read all about it on their website - or even join them on the journey.

What really struck me was something that Lea had said in conversation. I asked if it was physically and mentally draining working with children with special needs - of course, she said that it was. So I asked how she got her energy back.

"By dreaming" she said.

How so profound. Well, it was for me anyway.

What a couple. And so young. How'd they do it?! Best wishes to Kobe & Lea on their journey - both on the road and off it :-)

No comments: