Sunday, June 18, 2006

A beautiful day!

Sunday - the sun in shining in Antwerp, it's late afternoon. It's an absolutely beautiful day!

I spent most of it cycling in a family race - 25kms thru' the city. It was fantastic and really chilled. What I've kind of found as typically Antwerpian.... chilled. No rush... just chilled... cool.

Here's my new bike. She's got a name - Thunderbolt-Lightening-And Very Very Frightening. It's brand new - and a lost a pedal during the race. It just fell off. In a kind of suave Antwerpian kind of way. Plonk. On the floor. Well, that's no good. There was still half a ride to go.



So, very thankfully there was patient Mr Policeman on a mountainbike who cautioned the offending pedal, put it back where it belonged, and I finished the race. Only to (once again, thankfully), have it fall off again as I crossed the finish line. Never mind. The friendly man I bought it from (Rent A Bike) replaced it no worries. And gave me a free pedal just in case it happened again. Fantastic.

No comments: