Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Thumper

I fell last week. Rather hard, mind. Left a scar on my head, which is not the most inconspicuous of places to have a scar, but I had very little choice in the matter.

My story - and I'm sticking to it - is that I was helping a fair maiden traverse rather treacherous terrain (called 'pavement' in these here parts). Whether she indeed needed help, or perhaps that she was helping me, is irrelevant as I see it.

The next thing I can remember was seeing how quickly the pavement was moving in the general direction of my head. It hit me in the exact same spot - would you believe - where I got the scar. Had I the chance, I would have sworn. But as my mouth was very quickly filled with pavement, I did not.

And yes, there was alcohol involved. But a whole lot more pavement. Which makes the issue of alcohol irrelevant, too.

My past week has been somewhat tainted with dizziness, forgetfulness and an almost complete inability to tie my shoelaces in the fashion I am accustomed.

Many thanks to the countless friends, colleagues and family - who upon seeing me, offered comforting cheers such as 'Ha ha', 'Idiot' and 'Pavement boy'. Without your support, I could not have made it through.

1 comment:

Karen said...

You probably know that the moon is the reason why our blue planet has tides...the closer the moon gets to the earth, it's gravity sucks up the ocean water, depriving us from close shore breaks and nicking little plastic children s' buckets off the beach, dragging them into the deep blue. Alcohol kinda does the same..well it's got something to do with gravity and getting closer or further away from things.
Ok ok, my logic may miss some steps but it's better than my giggling after seeing your pretty face and the face of the fair maiden herself. I suggest, the next time alcohol and moonshine is involved we go skinny-dipping.